...to making myself a new sewing machine cover.
The cover before was only the cheap plastic one it had come with and it was looking rather tatty and worn, plus plain white is far too boring for my liking!
I was having a browse on Pinterest at the different types of sewing machine covers for ideas and I particularly liked this one, which then led me to this brilliant tutorial.
It came together really quickly, it only took me a little time yesterday evening and then I finished it off this morning when Rose was having a nap. It's such a simple design, just a rectangle shape of patchwork squares backed with fabric and fastened with 8 ribbons sewn to the sides of the cover.
The fabric I used for the patchwork squares was from my Sophie layer cake from Moda and the pink backing fabric was from my visit to The Make Lounge in London.
I made this drawstring bag for my Sister-in-law, she wanted something to keep all her finger-puppets in for her class (she's a reception teacher).
Here are a few photo's of our garden at the moment...
The tulip's are about to bloom! :-)
I'm going to carry on with my paper-pieced patchwork I'm working on at the moment, it really is the best little project to have on the go while curled up on the sofa watching a little tv! :-)