Thursday, 11 April 2013

The beginning's of Arthur's blanket.

A couple of months ago I purchased quite a few balls of Rowan Pure Wool DK from Suzie at The Wool Sanctuary with the intention of knitting Arthur a baby blanket. I've crocheted a few blankets now but really lovely the look of knitted blankets and even though they do take a bit longer to make, I wanted to give it a shot for Arthur's blanket.

I meant to get going on it right away but I had other projects that really needed finishing, so I decided to get them out of the way so I could concentrate on this. I chose to knit one of Suzie's own patterns, the Rocky blanket. I had a tricky start with it and just couldn't get the number of stitches to work right but after a lovely conversation with her on the phone she advised me to do a smaller sample knit of the blanket. It worked! I got to grips with the counting of stitches and figured out the pattern. I think it's a great pattern... I was just looking at it in a more complicated way than was actually necessary.

I'm trying to get one or two colour sections done a day but with a two year old and 4 month old to look after at the moment, it's not always that easy finding a moment to sit down and knit! 

Hopefully I'll be back soon to show you some photo's of the progress I'm making...